1) Nikolaos Pandis, Daniel J. Rinchuse, Donald J. Rinchuse, James Noble. Chapter 1. Evidence Based Clinical Practice. In Evidence-based clinical orthodontics / edited by Peter G. Miles, Daniel J. Rinchuse, Donald J. Rinchuse. Quintessence, 2012.
2) James Noble. Chapter 8. Evidence Based use of Orthodontic TSADs. In Evidence-based clinical orthodontics / edited by Peter G. Miles, Daniel J. Rinchuse, Donald J. Rinchuse. Qunitessance, 2012.
1. Noble J. Managing pain or discomfort caused by orthodontic appliances J Can Dent Assoc 2013, 2;79:d45.
2. Noble J. How do I manage a patient who swallowed or aspirated parts of an orthodontic appliance? J Can Dent Assoc, Oasis Blog, March 5th, 2013. http://www.jcdablogs.ca/2013/03/05/orth/.
3. Noble J. Treatment Planning for Missing Maxillary Lateral Incisors. Oral Health. Jan 2013, p. 38-42.
4. Usumez S, Noble J, Yagci A, Uysal T, Wiltshire WA. Graduate orthodontic education in Turkey: the residents’ perspective. European Journal of Dental Education. 2012 Nov., 10.1111/eje.12013 p.1-5.
5. Noble J, Schroth B, Hechter FJ, Huminick A, Wiltshire WA. Motivations of Orthodontic Residents in Canada and the US to Treat Patients with Craniofacial Anomalies, Cleft Lip/Palate and Special Needs. Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal 2012;49(5):596-600.
6.. Noble J, Cassolato SF. Pre-prosthetic orthodontic distalization using temporary skeletal anchorage devices. Ontario Dentist, December 2011 pg 20-23.
7. Carmichael RP, Noble J. Dentistry at Bloorview Kids Rehab. Ontario Dentist. December, 2009.
8. Noble J, Wiltshire WA, Hassard TH. Leaching of nickel from nickel-titanium orthodontic archwires in vitro. Submitted to the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics.
9. Noble J, Hechter FJ, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. Resident Evaluation of Orthodontic Programs in the United States. Journal of Dental Education. 2009 Nov;73(11):1286-92.
10. Halpern R, Noble J. Location and Presence of Permanent Teeth in a Complete Bilateral Cleft Lip and Palate Population. Angle Orthodontist 2010;80:591–596.
11. Wiltshire WA, Noble J. Clinical and laboratory perspectives of orthodontic bonding to normal, hypoplastic and fluorosed enamel: State-of-the art. Seminars in Orthodontics Semin Orthod 2010;16:55-65
12. Noble J, Karaiskos NE, Wiltshire WA. Future Provision of Orthodontic Care for Patients with Cleft Lip and Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies in the United States and Canada. World Journal of Orthodontics, 2010;11:269–272.
13. Noble J, Cassolato SF, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. My patient is receiving orthodontic treatment, and her oral hygiene has taken a turn for the worse. What preventive and interceptive measures are available for improving and maintaining good oral hygiene and cariogenic control in orthodontic patients? J Can Dent Assoc 2009 July/August:75(6):441-443.
14. Noble J, Hechter FJ, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. Motivational Factors and Future Life Plans of Orthodontic Residents in the United States. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2010;137:623-30.
15. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Hassard TH, Hechter FJ, Wiltshire WA. Stress on Bone with Placement and Removal of Orthodontic Miniscrews at Different Angulations. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics 2009;XLIII(5):332-334.
16. Cassolato SF, Ross B, Daskalogiannakis J, Noble J, Tompson B. Treatment of Dental Anomalies in Children with Complete Unilateral Cleft Lip and Palate at SickKids Hospital, Toronto. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2009 Mar;46(2):166-72.
17. Noble J, Hechter FJ, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. Resident Evaluation of Orthodontic Programs in Canada. J Dent Educ. 2009 Feb;73(2):192-8.
18. Noble J, Hechter FJ, Karaiskos N, Lekic N, Wiltshire WA. Future Clinical Practice Plans of Orthodontic Residents in the United States. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2009;135:357-60.
19. Noble J, Karaiskos NE, Wiltshire. The orthodontist gave my patient a rapid maxillary expander followed by a functional appliance that has a headgear component and she has obtained an outstanding result! What biological mechanism allows these appliances work? J Can Dent Assoc. 2008 Dec;74(10):895-6.
20. Noble J. How do you predict the eventual amount of spacing or crowding that will occur in a child in the mixed dentition? Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. J Can Dent Assoc. 2008 Dec;74(10):893-4.
21. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. What additional precautions should I take when bonding to severely fluorotic teeth? Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. J Can Dent Assoc. 2008 Dec;74(10):891-2.
22. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. Motivations and future plans of Canadian Orthodontic Residents. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthodopedics. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2009;136:644-50.
23. Noble J, Ahing SI, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. A patient presents with an allergy to nickel and requires orthodontic treatment, should I be concerned? Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. J Can Dent Assoc. 2008 Dec;74(10):897-8.
24. Noble J. Oral Hygiene for the Orthodontic Patient. Volume 5, p.25 Vital Autumn 2008.
25. Noble J, Ahing SI, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. Nickel Allergy and Orthodontics, a Review and Report of Two Cases. British Dental Journal 204(6):297-300, Mar 2008.
26. Noble J. Fluoride Varnish for the teeth. Volume 3, p. 39 Vital Spring 2008.
27. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. In Vivo Bonding of Orthodontic Brackets to Fluorosed Enamel Using an Adhesion Promoter. Angle Orthodontist 78(2):357-360, 2008.
28. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. Diagnosis and Management of the Infraerupted Primary Molar. British Dental Journal. 203(11):632-634, Dec 2007.
29. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. Diagnosis and clinical management of patients with skeletal Class III dysplasia. General Dentistry 55(6):543-547, 2007.
30. Wiltshire WA, Noble J. Allergies to dental materials. p 39. Vital. Autumn 2007.
31. Noble J, Baker RC, Karaiskos N. Wiltshire WA. How should I treat a young patient in the primary or early mixed dentition that presents with a unilateral posterior crossbite with a mandibular shift? Journal of the Canadian Dental Association 73(7):599-601 Sept 2007.
32. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. What should I do for an adolescent who is in the mixed dentition stage and who has an impacted maxillary canine? Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 73(3):233-34, April 2007.
33. Noble J, Karaiskos N, Wiltshire WA. What should I think about when examining a child who has a primary tooth below the plane of occlusion? Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 72(8):705-6, Oct. 2006.
34. Noble J. Dental Crisis in Kashechewan: Part of a larger picture. Journal of the Canadian Dental A5ssociation. 71(10)::754-55, Nov. 2005.
35. Noble J, Picard A, Cloutier M, Mirkopoulos P, Chattha S, Lalani A. Dental Management of the Adult Patient with Chronic Renal Failure. Ontario Dental Student’s Journal. 1(1):18-21, Spring, 2005.
36. Noble J, Metaxas A, Locker D. Methods to Prevent White Spot Lesions during Orthodontic Treatment. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, 71(4):278-281, April, 2005.
37. Hawkins RJ, Noble J, Locker D, Wiebe D, Murray H, Wiebe P, Wiebe P, Forsina C, Clarke M. A comparison of the costs and patient acceptability of professionally applied topical fluoride foam and varnish. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 64(2):106-10, 2004.
38. Hawkins R. Locker D. Noble J. Kay EJ. Prevention. Part 7: professionally applied topical fluorides for caries prevention. British Dental Journal. 195(6):313-7, 2003.
39. Noble J. Poets Pen: Gerstein. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, 69(6):352, June, 2003.
40. Nanthakumar K. Dorian P. Paquette M. Greene M. Edwards J. Heng D. Noble J. Newman D. Is inappropriate implantable defibrillator shock therapy predictable? Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology. 8(3):215-20, 2003.
41. Locker D, Hawkins RJ, Noble J. Dental sealants: an update on recently published studies. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 68(6):367-370, June, 2002.
42. Noble J, Hawkins RJ, Locker D. Professionally applied topical fluorides: an update on recently published studies. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 67(10):607-610, November, 2001.
43. Midha R, Shoichet MS, Dalton PD, Cao X, Munro CA, Noble J, Wong MKK. Tissue engineered alternatives to nerve transplantation for repair of peripheral nervous system injuries. Transplantation Proceedings, 33:612-615, 2001.
44. Shoichet M, Midha R, Cao X, Noble J, Munro C, Wong M. Investigating a new entubulation strategy to overcome peripheral nerve injury. American Society of Mechanical Engineers – Publications – BED. 42:751-752, 1999.
45. Noble J, Munro CA, Prasad VSSV and Midha R. Analysis of upper and lower extremity peripheral nerve injuries in a multi-trauma population. The Journal of Trauma – Injury Infection & Critical Care, 45(1):116-122, July, 1998.