What To Expect
Upon your arrival, please notify our receptionist. You will be greeted by one of our staff who will begin acquainting you with our office.
After you are acquainted with our office, digital photographs and a complimentary panoramic x-ray will be taken if indicated. The doctor will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination (at no charge) and review his findings.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for additional Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- All appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if instructions are followed by the patient. If appliances need to be replaced due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- Final retainers, which will be provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc., a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment.
- If two stages of treatment are indicated, Early, Interceptive (Phase I) treatment and Comprehensive (Phase II) treatment will be billed separately, as they are two distinct treatment phases.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment, and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive at or before their scheduled time. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after you. If you will not be able to make your appointment, we kindly request you cancel at least 24 hours in advance so that we may use that space to schedule other patients.