It’s easy to motivate yourself when you ask your mind (and heart) the right questions.
Getting motivated is easy. All you need do is “connect the dots” between why you take action and what action you must take next. To do this, you ask yourself nine simple questions.
As you ask, don’t formulate complicated answers. Your mind and heart already know what they want; you’re just tapping into that knowledge.
Here are the questions:
- Who do I care about most?
- How can I help them be happier?
- What are my most powerful goals?
- How will I feel when I achieve them?
- What makes me truly grateful?
- How can I show more appreciation?
- What’s great about my “right now”?
- How could I make it even better?
- What’s the next step?
If you do this exercise with passion, you’ll be motivated, probably even before you get to the 9th question. The key is to feel the emotions that questions automatically produce.
When you’re done, you’ll take whatever next step is necessary to turn your dreams (and the dreams of those you love) into honest-to-God realities.
If you make this technique a habit, you complete it 30 seconds or less.